In this course, we will teach you to work with modules. We will explain how to create requests to NoSQL, in particular, the MongoDB database, both directly and using ORM Mongoose. You will work with Node.js on the server side and with React libraries to create user interfaces on the client side. As a result, you will develop a scalable application on a remote server.
What will you get?
- Node.js modules
- NPM Express
- Knowledge of React for the test project
- Node.js has a lot of libraries with an open source. You don\'t need to build everything from scratch
- Node.js works asynchronously, so it allocates resources appropriately
- Node.js is used by Microsoft, Yahoo, LinkedIn, and PayPal
Introduction to Node.js. Parallel work model and EventLoop13 topics
1. What is Node.js? Node.js features overview
2. Node.js installation
3. How programs in Node.js work
4. What is the I/O?
5. Node.js asynchronous architect. The concept of the Event Loop
6. Call stack
7. Handling slow queries
8. How callback works
9. The first program on Node.js
10. Node.js global object
11. Modules in Node.js and their connection
12. Module searching algorithm
13. Module caching
Node.js Core. Working with the file system4 topics
3. Reading directories and files
4. Recording files
Built-in modules. NPM. Utils module and working with the console11 topics
1. Utils module and working with the console
2. Path module
3. Process modules
4. Working with the NPM
5. Creating a file package.json
6. Package installation
7. Semantic versions of packages
8. Basic commands in NPM
9. Creating and placing your own module in the repository
10. Recreating your module in the repository
11. Error processing in Node.js
Events in Node.js7 topics
1. Events package
2. Creating a class that inherits from EventEmitter
3. Priorities for the performance of functions: process.nextTick, SetTimeout(), setImmediate()
4. An example of using events in your own code
5. Using the three methods for assign event listeners
6. Asynchronous call for event handlers
7. Deleting event handlers
1. Synchronous and asynchronous code
4. Async and Await
Work with HTTP requests11 topics
1. Introduction to the HTTP protocol
2. HTTP module
3. Creating the server
4. Browser headers
5. Processing incoming requests
6. Sending headers to the client
7. Sending the HTML of the page
8. Working with request parameters
9. Processing GET and POST requests
10. Sending from the page server by GET request.
11. Sending from the page server by POST request.
Introduction to the Express framework9 topics
1. Installing Express
2. Creating the first server
3. Routes in Express
4. Creating View files
5. EJS template engine
6. Transferring data in views
7. Transferring the form data to the server
8. Creating a project with the help of the Express generator
1. MongoDB installation
2. CRUD document operations
3. Comparison operators
4. Logic operators
5. Searching in MongoDB by condition
6. Working with the Mongoose package
1. Server part RESTFull Api
2. Client part on React
3. Deploying the project to the remote server
Click the button to get full course description
I remember many things: the informal atmosphere, comfortable location of the tables, interesting approach of the teacher.
I entered the finals of the DevChallenge 11 championship in 2017. I believed that I can do any task — doesn't matter how complicated it is. An I’ve realized that entering the IT industry is real.
It was difficult to start. I knew a little about programming. But everything in the courses was interesting. And now — I'm a developer.
Things were comfortable and cozy at the lessons. After graduating, I got 3 projects for my portfolio. The 4th one was a test task for a studio. They hired me without an interview. I believed in myself because of Beetroot Academy.
The teachers shook my brain, which was tired of the routine. Can't say what subject was my favorite, all of them were unique and beautiful.
Why Beetroot Academy?
70% employment rate
Our graduates start careers in IT
Two flags of blue and yellow
Get an international education right here in Ukraine
The full package
English lessons and career consulting that to get you ready for work.
Learn based on real market needs
Work on real projects and gain real experience.
We are a non-profit
We’re on a quest for impact, not profit.
A rare opportunity
Study in a motivating environment with like-minded, ambitious students.
How to start education
Local manager will contact you and will arrange an interview.
Come for a pleasant meeting with our team, to see if we're a good match for each other.
We will evaluate your knowledge and will select an according group.
Study in a friendly environment and feel like home.
Start your application
You could have awesome new skills and a new job in IT, in only 4 months. Exciting! Let's get started on your application