Beetroot Academy (BA) is a Swedish-Ukrainian Social Enterprise on a mission to enable people to build successful careers in the Digital Economy. As of today, we have educated around 1800+ IT specialists in Ukraine in 16 locations, and we’re growing fast in scale and impact. Our wonderful BA team consists of 50+ full-time Beets and 60+ teachers.
We are now looking for a key person in our Borsch to join this unique journey.
So who are you?
Externally, you are an outstanding communicator and a stellar representative. Pitch meetings, conferences, presentations, after-parties, hangouts with the President – you nail them all. With your sharp verbal abilities and engaging personality, you make people understand our mission and feel our passion.
Internally, you are a humble leader of the new generation. You don’t tell people what to do – you inspire them to take responsibility, own their work and make their own decisions. Your most important task is to keep the team focused on the mission and make sure everyone is on the same page.
You have versatile skills and are comfortable working on different projects, contributing to all parts of our operations. You gladly roll your sleeves up and engage with pressing issues, and you are not afraid to make hard decisions when needed. At the same time, you know it is much more important that decisions can be made without you, and you can see the big picture. You are structured, but dynamic, and you’re comfortable operating in the complexity that scaling an organization entails, and you have fast changes and new perspectives for breakfast.
We’re not quite like most organizations. We never let hierarchies or excessive structures slow us down, and each Beet owns and defines their role. You don’t invest your time in this job, you invest you. Don’t limit yourself to your “work personality” – bring all of yourself to work. Yes, your weaknesses too. We’ll turn them into strengths.
We expect you to demonstrate the synergy of strategic, entrepreneurial and visionary mindset combined with experience in strategic and operational management experience in a leading/coordinating role. You may have honed your skills at a Startup/Scale-up in Tech or education, in the corporate world, or at a nonprofit organization… you name it.
We also see value in:
- Ability to navigate in an Ecosystem of different stakeholders (IT industry and education partners, donors, Beetroot Ecosystem, BA International, government institutions, public relations etc)
- Experience in and understanding of the Tech industry as well as 21st century Education.
- Product understanding and vision – scaling BA and our impact are dependent on a structured approach to building our product (Learning Management System, our blended courses, teaching methodology, etc).
- Strong overall business understanding, from organizational and business model design to operational questions around HR, legal affairs and financial management in a distributed team and in the Ukrainian context.
- Ability to navigate our organization and product in a constantly changing world, seeing opportunities and risks, and taking action.
- Openness and belief in a non-traditional, people-centered approach to scaling organizations.
- Belief in a bright future for Ukraine, our ability to be an impactful force in that, and long term commitment to our mission.
- Readiness for plenty of traveling around Ukraine and beyond.
- Fluent Ukrainian/Russian/English
If you have reached this far, maybe you are as excited about our mission as we are?! We are not looking for someone “perfect”, but for the right ingredient in our borsch, that is ready to give you the best work of your life. Are you in?